This house is Southern antebellum-style house. In 1914, The house was constructed by Carthage builder Edgar Holmes and is soon occupied by several generations of Hawthorns and Clabaughs. In 1988: The last owners of the house, W.F. and Gertrude Patterson, give the house to the city of Carthage. The home now houses offices for the Panola County Chamber of Commerce and Carthage Visitor�s Bureau.